At RD Rubber Technology Corporation, we specialize in molding high-precision, thermoset elastomeric parts. Example parts include O-rings, gaskets, seals, diaphragms, grommets, and other critical-to-function components. To serve diverse industries worldwide, we maintain a broad range of capabilities to provide you with the ideal manufacturing process for your project.
We offer a wide range of custom rubber molding capabilities to meet your specific needs, including:
- Rubber Compression Molding. Compression molding uses a heated mold and high clamping pressure in a molding press to shape and cure a molded part. After placing an uncured rubber preform or profile into a two-part mold with a top and bottom plate, the compression molding press applies pressure and fills the mold cavity so the preform material can take the mold’s shape. Rubber compression molding saves on mold expenditures and facilitates faster changeovers and longer production runs than injection molding.
- Rubber Transfer Molding. This method allows for precision dimensional tolerance control. To begin, we measure and cut the uncured rubber to size, positioning it in the transfer mold’s “pot” section. Once the mold is closed and placed in a molding press, we use a mold plunger to compress the contents. Through the resultant pressure and applied heat, the uncured material transfers into the mold cavity and takes the mold’s shape as it cures.
- Rubber Injection Molding. This process feeds elastomer material into a screw, which exerts the required pressure and heat. The high pressure causes the rubber to inject into mold cavities, filling them to specific geometric tolerances. Upon curing, the rubber takes the form of the mold.
- Liquid Injection Molding. Liquid injection molding (LIM) or liquid silicone rubber (LSR) injects a two-part, high-viscosity liquid into a mold. Mixing the liquid with a platinum catalyst speeds the curing process, giving it a superior cure rate to molding high-consistency rubber (HCR). This, and the fact that the raw, uncured material never experiences human contact in this closed mold system, makes LIM/LSR ideal for both high-volume manufacturing and high-purity healthcare, biopharmaceutical, food, and semiconductor applications.
- Cleanroom Molding. In our dedicated low-particulate, ISO 14644-certified Class 8 cleanroom, we can effectively control and maintain environmental conditions like temperature and humidity using HEPA filtration. This allows us to meet your most demanding requirements for liquid silicone molding and inspections.
Our team will work with you to finalize product design and necessary processes and tooling through rubber prototyping. We often create a prototype mold to produce sample parts to test the manufacturing and engineering process. RD Rubber Technology can then refine this process to experiment with multiple materials for functional, chemical, and compatibility testing. Through this process, we work with you to develop and finalize your product for production tooling. Whether your production volume is one part, 10, or millions, we are committed to your vision.
Explore Our Full List of Capabilities!
RD Rubber Technology’s custom capabilities meet a broad spectrum of unique manufacturing, engineering, and prototyping needs. In addition to our rubber molding services, we offer comprehensive support services to provide you with parts that are ready to incorporate into your assembly operation. Our engineers work closely with you to reduce costs and operation time by optimizing your part design and production processes. We’ll suggest manufacturing alternatives to efficiently achieve high-quality components with reliable, long-term performance.
Our quest for continuous improvement keeps us at the forefront of quality management. RD Rubber Technology has many of the most current certifications. We are always keeping up with the latest revisions to our certifications and registrations, including:
- ISO 9001:2015 certification
- AS 9100:2016 certification
- ITAR registration
- MIL-I-45208A and other MIL-SPEC standards
- ANSI Z540-1
We’re a local manufacturer, procuring and making all of our products in the USA. As a domestic company with reliable delivery, we aim to help you lessen logistical concerns in your supply chain. The RD Rubber Technology difference is exacting quality, attention to detail, communication, and follow-up, supplying you with the responsiveness, engineering and manufacturing expertise, and technical services you need for your operation.